Frequently Asked Questions

I can’t make up my mind what institute I should study at?
We think the best way to decide is to be able to have a free trial so you can live, breathe, experience what you’re going to be getting yourself into.

If you wish to trial any of our courses simply send an email to info@nwfacademy.com.au and we’ll send it straight out to you (we won’t even ask for a phone number).

We also have an overall trial if our ultimate undergrad package interests you.

I want to specialise in coaching pre & post-natal women. Can I do that with just a Certificate III & IV in Fitness?

No.  In Australia to be insured to work with this population you need to have a specific pre & post natal qualification to be eligible for the insurance coverage.  Our Masters Certificate provides you with this eligibility and is free for all our Cert III & IV students.

Can I study alongside a job or other study commitments?
Yes, all of our certifications have been designed with busy mums and full-time boss ladies in our full focus.
You study completely at your own speed and around your own schedule. If you’re working full-time or at university, you just study when it suits you.
Can I do your courses if I don’t live in Australia or New Zealand?
Yes you can do the Nutrition and the Masters courses from anywhere in the world providing you have an internet connection.
We don’t run live classes at specific time zones.

The Certificate III and IV however, is only for Australian and New Zealand residents.

In case of any doubt, anyone anywhere can study and graduate from our Nutrition Adviser course. However, we can only connect graduates with insurance partners for our graduates in the following five countries – Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK and Canada.

This may be a silly question but I live on the other side of the world and I’m wondering if the information in your courses will be relevant in my culture?
That’s actually a great question and in case of any doubt, there’s virtually no physiological differences within and between females across the world.

Therefore, the knowledge contained within the course can definitely be applied to all females worldwide.

I’m a male. Can I still do these courses?

Yes and there’s absolutely no reason you wouldn’t receive the same advantages as all our female students – especially as a Nutrition Adviser.

Think of the Nutrition Adviser course as just a really good and well-rounded nutrition course full stop.

Even if you only worked with males, we’re confident you’ll find the general and practical nutrition knowledge you obtain to be cutting-edge and applicable to any and all people.

It just happens to contain a lot of extra value for your female clientele.

The only exception is our Sunday practical workshops program in our Certificate III and IV is for the ladies only.

As a male you can still obtain your Certificate III and IV with us as we have a variety of mentoring options to complete the necessary practical components within the program.

Can you tell me more about your payment plans?

We recognise and empathise with many of you having tight financial situations.

Consequently, we’ve got extremely flexible payment plans to the point where you can more or less select the exact amount you wish to pay back each week.

We can start our plans from as low as $49 per week and you’ve got the ability to spread the length of your term anywhere from 3 to 24 months.

You can also select what day of the week or fortnight to be deducted and you can make lump sum payments at any time to complete the plan earlier if you prefer with no additional fees.

Payment plans are available for all of our courses and any combination of courses.
Available for Australians and New Zealanders only.

If you’re outside of Australia and New Zealand and wish to study the Nutrition and/or Masters courses but can’t manage the paid in full fees please send us an email info@nwfacademy.com.au and we’ll see what we can do.

English isn’t my first language but I’d like to do the course. Would that be possible?

In our Nutrition and Masters courses you can change to your choice of 39 different languages with the single click of a button.


Mandarin (Simplified)
Mandarin (Traditional)
Portuguese (Brazilian)
Spanish (European)
Spanish (Mexican)
Do you provide any Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?

Yes we will review and consider all RPL applications once we receive an academic transcript. 

Most of our RPL applications are for our Nutrition Adviser course and generally speaking, your previous completed study would need to be based upon university or higher tertiary based qualifications such as;-

  • Nutritional Sciences
  • Human Nutrition
  • Public Health Nutrition
  • Food, Nutrition and Health
  • Food and Nutrition
  • Sport and Exercise Science degrees with a nutrition major
  • Dietetics

Please send your enquiry or application to info@nwfacademy.com.au

I’m in New Zealand and was wondering if I’d have to do any further study after completing your Certificate III and IV to be able to work as a Personal Trainer in New Zealand?

No. There’s no additional study required whatsoever.

The same applies to all the following countries – USA, Canada, Ireland, India, South Africa, Poland, UAE and Spain.

Each country obviously has their own working visa requirements of course!

Can I do specific modules rather than the full course?

You can with our Masters Certificate as you can purchase units separately.

The answer is no with our Nutrition course though. 

We did consider allowing it but then decided learning the foundational science and critical thinking mindset is just too important for any nutrition student or enthusiast to overlook. 

Completion of the Certificate III and IV requires completion of all the units listed here;-  Course Overview | Certificate III IV in Female Fitness (nwfacademy.com.au)

Will I be able to advise on medical issues after completing the course?

No not to a large degree. You will, however, have the expertise to assist and support clients with specialist clinical conditions and the practical skills to be able to interact with other medical professionals to provide the safest and most useful support possible.

If you’re one of our qualified advisers already, please use our dietitian finder to find suitable dietitians to work alongside and you can search by medical condition.

Can I claim my course back as a tax deduction?

In Australia and in most cases YES! Everyone’s financial situation is different so please speak to your accountant.

Do I have to do a work or industry based placement?

Work placement is not a requirement for any of our qualifications.

Are there any course pre-requisites or qualifications required?


Can I get HECS, vet fee help, student loan or any government subsidy for these courses? Also, what about Afterpay, Zip Pay or other buy now pay later financial services etc?

No. Since 2018 the government has removed all funding for all national fitness and nutrition type courses. The buy-now-pay-later finance companies are only for products and goods, not courses.

Who pays for the insurance and how much is it?

Following the completion of all our courses the graduate (you) pays for the insurance you require.

The nutrition adviser insurance is approximately AU$250 per year and available in Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK and Canada.

It can be paid monthly.

The fitness professional insurance for our Cert III and IV graduates is approximately AU$125 per year and available in Australia and New Zealand.

There’s also an interesting schedule within the nutrition insurance some of you might like to be aware of – you can maintain full coverage whilst out of the country for up to 90 days.

We just thought we’d share that for those of you that might want to have extended trips to places like Bali.

How long do I have to finish the course?

All our courses have two years before they expire. If you’re studying your Certificate III and IV, you have one year each to finish each of those.

What is the cooling off period and non-refundable enrolment fee?

We highly doubt any of you will need this but we have the industry standard 7 day cooling off period, whereby you can withdraw from the course for any reason whatsoever within 7 days of enrolling and you’ll receive a full refund minus $500.

What if I have a life situation that forces me to take a break from studying?

We provide study breaks and extensions for up to six months at a time.

I did my Certificate III & IV in Fitness many years ago and never registered afterwards. Can you please outline the steps required to get into this career now?
There’s no need to repeat those certificates. You have them for life. You do however physically need to have them as we’ve encountered several situations where people simply can’t find their certificates and the RTO has since shut down.

There’s also no need to register or to accrue CEC points. You can choose to do both if you wish, but, you’re legally allowed to work as a Personal Trainer without either.

You do need current first aid and CPR. And you do need Personal Trainer insurance.

If you intend to coach nutrition in any shape or form you need a specific insurance policy that covers you very specifically for what you’re actually coaching.

If you desire some recap or ‘polishing up’ before you re-enter the industry we’d highly recommend our Masters Certificate in Female Fitness Programming – National Women’s Fitness Academy (nwfacademy.com.au) and/or attending our Sunday workshops program if it’s available in your area.

We also have a number of educators within our network who offer mentoring type assistance so please send an email to info@nwfacademy.com.au and we’ll help you find someone suitable or provide you with more information around our Sunday workshops.